my own biz logo
Photo of toddler in childcare Get the details on permits and taxes before you start a child care biz...

Got What You Need?

When you start setting up your biz, you might wonder where to find the forms and applications you need to file for:
  • Taxes
  • Biz registration
  • Permits and licenses
  • Etc.
Below you'll find information on where to locate these resources. Talk to your lawyer and accountant for help in figuring out which forms to submit.

Business Organization Forms
Visit this section of the New York State website to find out which forms you need to submit and where to submit them so you can do biz in New York State.

Internal Revenue Service - Small Business Forms and Publications
The one stop for forms and information, including those forms to file to get a federal identification number for your biz and tax forms you'll need to file to be legal with the federal government.

New York City Department of Finance - Business and Excise Tax Portal
New York City tax forms are just one of the useful resources provided by the New York City Department of Finance.

O.P.A.L. (Online Permit Assistance and Licensing)
This is New York State's interactive website where you can find out exactly what permits and licenses you need to start your biz.

U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - Forms
SBA maintains a page with links to IRS and financial assistance forms.